REGISTERED RADIATION SAFETY OFFICER
Acme is one of approved training center in pakistan for IBOEHS – The International Board of Environmental Health & Safety. Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required by Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) professionals in developing and maintaining an effective Radiation Protection Program in accordance with the CNSCs General Nuclear Safety and Control and Radiation Protection Regulations. Radiation safety lessons covered include: Acts and Regulations, Radiation Protection Management, Radiation and Radioactivity, Radiation Monitoring and Effects, Principles of Radiation Protection and Radiography Operations and Procedures for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT).
- Structure of matter.
- Radiation and radioactivity.
- Radiation quantities and units.
- Radiation detection, instrumentation and dosimetry.
- Biological and health effects of exposure to radiation.
- Radiation protection principles and practices, including contamination control.
- Hands-on exercises in the practical application of radiation protection principles.
- Nuclear gauges and their applications.
- Workplace radiation safety program: organization and administration.
- Emergency procedures.
- Employee training.
- Transport of radioactive materials.
- Workplace inspections and audits.
- Regulatory agencies and standard-setting organizations.
- Licensing of nuclear substances and radiation devices.
- Key sections of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and Regulations.