LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN FIRE SAFETY
This level 2 qualification is aimed at anyone requiring a Fire Warden or a Fire Marshal in the workplace. The qualification covers the latest fire safety regulations and the roles and duties of employees and their responsibilities on Fire Safety. The qualification is designed to meet and comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. It covers how fires are started, methods of controlling fire spread, evacuating the building, fire briefings and risk assessing. Level 2 Award in Fire Safety course is delivered in one day and provides this ‘responsible person’ with knowledge and understanding of the fire risk assessment process and the skills required to undertake a suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment. This qualification provides the opportunity for learners to develop competence in key skills and produce evidence towards attaining key skills. The qualification does not ensure key skills are met as this would depend upon learners producing a portfolio of evidence and the mode of study adopted.
Unit 1: Fire Safety Principles
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the components of the fire triangle.
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion.
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
2. Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace.
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards.
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards.
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards.
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished.
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely.
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used.
- State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace:
- on a day-to-day basis
- during an emergency
- if they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised.
Why Acme Pakistan:
Acme is approved center of Highfields to offer LEVEL 2 INTERNATIONAL AWARD IN FIRE SAFETY training. Our qualified trainer’s experience, will give you maximum of knowledge of standard.