NEBOSH (The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) was formed in 1979 as an awarding body with charitable status. We offer a comprehensive range of globally-recognized, qualifications designed to meet the health, safety and environmental management needs of all places of work.
These qualifications are recognized by the relevant professional membership bodies including the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) and IEMA.
NEBOSH examinations and assessments are set by its professionally qualified staff assisted by external examiners; most of whom are Chartered Safety and Health Practitioners or Chartered Environmentalists operating within industry, the public sector or in enforcement.
Acme Institute of Safety Professionals is one of approved centre in Pakistan for NEBOSH HSW with centre’s No 1289. This qualification is aimed at supervisors and team leaders who are interested in learning more about health and safety and who have not received any official health & safety training previously. The typical people who would benefit from this qualification include: –
• Staff with supervisory responsibilities.
• Team leaders
• People who wish to have an introduction to other NEBOSH qualifications. –
• People who want a good foundation in health and safety who have some work experience, ensuring that they can put their learning into context.
1. Foundations of health & safety
2. The Responsibility for health and safety
3. Health & safety risk assessment and control E9H
4. Hazards and Control associated with manual handling
5. Transport safety
6. Hazards and Control associated with electricity.
7. Fire safety
8. Health and control associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
9. Hazards and control associated with hazardous substances.
10. Hazards and control associated with the working Environment
The completion of a short work based risk assessment activity
The assessment method for this qualification will be as follows: –
• Unit HSW1 – Short, multiple-choice exam –
• Unit HSW2 – Workplace based practical application
A good standard of written English
Provides the perfect introduction to other NEBOSH qualifications such as the NEBOSH International General Certificate. Team leaders and staff with supervisory responsibilities would benefit from this course.